Karunya Institute of Technology, Coimbatore was started as a private self-financing engineering college in 1986. In 2004, the institute was awarded the Deemed to be University status in recognition of its academic excellence by the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India and subsequently renamed as Karunya University under section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 vide Notification No. 9-3-2000-U3 dated. 23.6.2004 of the Government of India. It located 25 kms away from Coimbatore in the very bosom of Mother Nature. The University is surrounded by an array of green-clad, sky scraping mountains of the Western Ghats. The Siruvani river with its crystal clear water has its origin here and it is nature`s boon to Coimbatore. Karunya Institute of Technology is thus set in a natural environment ideal for a residential institution. During leisure time, one can feast on the mountains, the skies with its rainbow colours and the horizon. One with an aesthetic sense will not miss the waters trickling down the hills, the birds that sing sweetly on the trees, the cool breeze and the drizzles. One cannot but wonder at the amazing craftsmanship of God Almighty.