The Coimbatore District Head Quarters Hospital on Trichy road is a land mark. Today known as the CMC Hospital, the hospital as such was started in 1892 in temporary sheds. The foundation stone of the sturdy main structure we see today in its original form was laid by Sir Arthur Lawley in 1909 and completed in 1914.
Government of Tamil Nadu is totally committed in building healthy people, not only by making available quality medicare facilities at the door step of every citizen in the remotest corner of the State, but also by providing medical facilities of the highest order, keeping pace with rapid technological developments in the field of medicine. Government of Tamil Nadu provides preventive, curative and promotive care to all classes of the society.