8 students who scored above 80% marks in 10th board exams are left out in the online admission process due to technical faults. The deputy director of education office on Thursday plans to issue a show cause notice to the junior college which was supposed to admit these students.
The deputy director of education says, “This is an error on the part of the junior college and it is answerable for this.” He further assured the students, “Wherever there is a vacancy, they will get seats, based on their merit.”
However, the college authorities blame the local education officer and says, “We followed the order that was uploaded on the admission website on July 27; it clearly stated that the deadline for junior colleges to update their admission lists had been extended from 5pm on July 27 to 10am on July 28.” The principal of college Vinita Lewis, further adds, “That’s why we even accepted the eight students’ forms on July 27 as we planned to update their names next day. But the link did not work next day. The officials contacted the local education officer about the technical glitch but he reportedly did not help.”
In this blame game of the authorities, the careers of the students remain blurred presently. However, a student, Amit Shah, who scored 85.64%, remains optimistic and says, “The deputy director’s office has asked me to come tomorrow. Hopefully, they’ll help me secure a seat in a good college.”