These days when the MBA fever is on amid its aspirants, most students frequently concentrate a lot more about the sections of quant or verbal ability and somewhere, neglect the segment of General Knowledge(GK) which proves to become a disaster for them. This is because GK is often a topic which comes in use not simply in written examination but in Group Discussions (GDs) and Personal Interviews (PIs) also. Not only this, GK is often a subject matter which will come in use in our entire everyday living. As a result, preparation of GK for MBA entrance exams is essential for you personally.
Now, to provide you with an outlook regarding what kind of GK issues appear in MBA entrance examinations, let me present you together with the information of several of the previous calendar year queries which appeared in numerous entrance examinations.
• SNAP: In Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP) check, last year, forty queries of 1 mark each appeared in the entrance exam. The area had the concerns from present-day affairs and static GK.
• MAT: In Management Aptitude Test (MAT), February, 2011, a total of forty questions appeared out of 200 questions. The questions had been on Economics, Current Affairs, Awards and Prizes, Indian Constitution, Organization and Sports.
• MICAT: In Mudra Institute of Communication (MICA) check, 2011, there were 25 queries from GK. The problems were from advertising, marketing, media, typical information and general knowledge.
• IIFT: In Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), 2010, thirty queries had appeared from a complete quantity of 135 queries. The queries had been mostly on enterprise, Country-Capital-Currency-Parliaments, Current Affairs, Location of International Companies and Economics and so on.
These specifics of numerous MBA entrance checks ensure that GK is really a fairly vast topic and needs to be conquered. But the question is ‘how to prepare GK for MBA entrance exams?’
Firstly, you need to recognize that GK is usually a subject which can't be conquered in a day or two. It calls for time. Nonetheless, in accordance to Manish Saraf, COO, PT Education, “To improve general knowledge for written exam as well as the GDPIs keep a close watch on the major political, corporate, sports, economy, national-international events for last one year.” Nevertheless, some of the strategies to prepare GK for entrance examinations are:
• In GK, the best way to increase information about recent affairs is to study newspapers and business and political magazines consistently. The rationale for this is often that newspapers are the finest medium which keeps you up to date regarding every national and international issue.
• The other way to increase your GK is by watching TV. The reason for this is often that many entrance examinations question problems are related to advertisements, awards and prizes and present-day affairs. Thus, it is best to enjoy TV in a much disciplined method to make sure that you do not miss out on these particulars.
To summarize, preparing GK for MBA entrance examinations is very important. You should devote significant time to this section if you wish to get into some premier institute.